5.15.2007

no cameras????

I returned to my car the other evening which was parked at the Grosvernor Metro stop to find that it had been severaly vandalized and then hit in the rear. Someone out there in this great world had decided to scratch some hieroglyphics into my passenger door and then back out and smash into my bumper.

Well, I waited for Metro police officer to make sure I got an accident report and when I asked him if there were any cameras to give us an idea of how may have done this, I was told that there aren't any cameras in the parking garage, only at the exit booths!

How insane is that!!!! What if I had been mugged or even worse raped while walking to my car??? There wouldn't be any photo of this incident or any way to even start trying to determine a suspect.

Needless to say, I was appalled and outraged - there should be cameras on all levels of Metro station garages or will it take a serious crime to make this come about????

No comments: