5.05.2007

Momzillas Rocks


About a month or two ago I was gifted with a pre-launch copy of Jill Kargman's Momzillas book for review. I confess, it has been a bit since I finished a book from front to back, especially if it was any longer in length than this month's Bazaar. Needless to say, I loved it - and finished it!

As a former New Yorker, I have some insider knowledge on how crazy and competitive East Side moms can be, but there are Momzillas everywhere (trust me ladies) and Jill Kargman's witty expose on the inner workings of momzillas is revealed through Hannah who represents the honorable, down-to-earth mom in all of us. You'll giggle and your heart will also break as we follow Hannah's adventures because we all know the pain of wanting to fit in but trying to keep a little bit of "me" there to be proud of.



I'll only give you the clue that Hannah does make it through, but you must pick this one up. Think of it as the top book for your "required summer mommy reading list" as you prepare for next fall and the the next wave of Momzillas!



P.S. I was doubly-lucky to get to meet Jill Kargman at her recent book signing event here in DC and Abby Greenawalt took this cute photo. (I'm the redhead, and Jill's the better-dressed half of the photo!)

No comments: